Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Cyborg Salvage Character Inspiration Pictures

 I'm a visual person so am also a visual writer. I 'see' my story, though it is a wispy kind of seeing. Not clear like TV! I like to daydream a scene. In fact, I've been a daydreamer since childhood, when I would get caught looking out a window(probably daydreaming about a black stallion)instead of doing something boring, like arithmetic worksheets.


(I was obsessed with this series.)

I don't do elaborate character files, since I get to know them early in the story. I often write a mountain of backstory that doesn't make it into the published book, so I know things the reader doesn't.

I often pick a celebrity as my look for the character.

Trey Dooley, a secondary character in Alien Blood in my mind, looks a lot like young McGyver. Without the mullet. Dooley resurfaces as the hero in Cyborg Salvage, which takes place seven years later. I am currently working on this book after a solution to why it stalled finally caught my attention!


My heroine(a cyborg in Alien Blood) is back as the heroine. Now called Elen, she looks a lot like Selena Gomez, the pop singer, and has a similar athletic build. Imagine a silver temple appliance over one eye, but without the hair, due to cyborg ports etc in her head. She doesn't look much like a weapons expert.


In this book I have children. Dooley's twin teen nephews are Zh Cle', from the reservation world of Armagh. Imagine the Weasley twins with clubbed lizard tales and scales, a greenish tint to their hair, golden skin. and eyes. 

I'm keeping my Dooley Centric cover because I like it:


No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...