Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Lightbulb Moment! And Pictures!

 


This book stalled out. I had the plan sketched out, but it just wasn't working. So I put it aside to work on something else. I figured sooner or later the issue would clear up. Since I never seem able to control these things, I just wait it out.

We had an early snow here in Casper, WY.  We also have a steel roof. So a ton of snow slid off the roof and landed on the deck. No biggie, right? Hubby and I are tucked away anyway due to being high risk for the cv-19 plague. But we were expecting a grocery delivery! Two feet of wet snow where the delivery guy normally drops it off and the snow shovel is actually put away in the garage. To get to the garage I either have to go down the Stairs Of Death in the back, or slog through the yard. Now, where did I store my pretty mint green snow boots?

Hubby decides to scoop away the snow with the tabletop ironing board. Board breaks.  Hmm. So then he gets one of the extra-large baking sheets and shovels the snow with it! Delivery arrives, I am able to have my weekly human interaction with the driver (who colors his hair the same shade as I do). He likes to stand by the closed gate and watch Nutmeg give him the business, makes him laugh. He owns pitbulls. And I have enough coffee and add-ins to last me a week!

*~BING~* 

As he drives away I figure out exactly what went wrong with my plot. Sheesh. My heroine got rescued from the Asteroid of Abandonment, all good. But then she just becomes one of the ensemble cast of characters. Boring. She needs to have agency, kick some space pirate bootay. I mean, why else did she get all those cyborg upgrades?

Here's a pic of me and Hippy Hubby in front of the striped morning glories before the cold front from the Arctic blew in. Took this on the 6th. I'm holding Nutmeg(1 yr), HH is holding 17-year-old Monita (chi), and 15-year-old Toot Toot (Chinese Crested Puff).


Today:


 Stay warm! I'll post some freebies on Friday, so check my FB groups.

Melisse

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...