Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Her Cyborg Awakes Reaches Milestone!

100 REVIEWS!

Thank you, pandemic readers!

Her Cyborg Awakes is the first book in my Diaspora Worlds series--but it is not the first book written in the series!

Many years ago I was invited to be part of a summer romance anthology. I wrote a 10k short about a couple stranded on a wilderness planet in a broadcast survivor show with little flying cameras. This was an erotic romance anthology so the story had a big hot scene in a thunderstorm. The swarm of cameras were shut down due to the weather and they finally had privacy. Sadly, that publisher closed its door abruptly, right around the publication date.

That year I had two publishers shut their doors (this was before Amazon KDP). One was Triskelion, which went into bankruptcy. The other had a health crisis (mom and pop). A year later I had a Triskelion book with rights back, finally, republished. Right in time for a hurricane to destroy that publisher's office.

With a couple hundred Triskelion books out there looking for a new publisher, getting republished was an issue. Many of the scads of the erom publishers specified they weren't taking previously published books.

I decided to change my name and take a break from submissions. I expanded the SFR short into Alien Blood but was a bit paranoid about submitting it since a portion had been published before. Then I got the bright idea of four brothers, each with a romance, and wrote Her Cyborg Awakes.

Sadly, that publisher turned out to be bat crap crazy. So no series.

I finally got the rights back from the troublesome publisher who had taken it down everywhere except her publisher site, since I wasn't her cult follower, maybe two years later. I held on to the books and wrote a few paranormal romances, which sold well on Fictionwise. Then, Amazon developed KDP.

I knew a writer who did covers and asked her is she could put a space background behind an embracing couple. I uploaded it and my family did something so I was away from the computer for several days. When I got back, it had sold six hundred copies in four days! That is about $1200. Nice work if you can get it! It sold well for two years.

Now I have it as perma-free. It is pretty much all the promo I feel like doing!

I know Amazon KDP is far from perfect but has not been the roller coaster ride small erom publishers were! The only contract I will now sign is for an anthology or bundle--temporary!

1 comment:

  1. Know where you can N will get'm?
    Those muscle-men without any fat?
    Follow us Upstairs, dear.
    I'll be one of em.
    GBY

    ReplyDelete

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...