Sunday, July 3, 2022

Recovery, Reading, and Writing

 My knee surgery was four weeks ago, so now my life revolves around physical therapy. That is going well, though it is not pleasant. The staff is great. The scar is thin but a bit bumpy and 'pulled', so am doing massage and scar cream. 

Hubby is also going to physical therapy to help with his leg issues. We are oodles of fun!

I have used a cane for several years, so many of my leg and back muscles have learned to accommodate that. My goal is to be cane free! In fact, I haven't used my cane for days. I can walk up the stairs to my front door!

A tip for anyone having knee replacement: I have a very firm mattress, and it actually hurt to sleep on it! I bought a waffled foam mattress cover meant to help pressure points. What a difference it makes! Instead of waking every hour, I am able to sleep normally.

I've been catching up on my TBR pile. I own books in series I haven't read yet, especially Cynthia Sax, Tracy Lauren, Evangeline Anderson, and Honey Phillips! Lol, found out I had never read Book 4 of one of the series I collect, so that was nice. It has been enjoyable catching up. I'm also a sucker for free and .99 box sets, so have a number of those I can read. Not all are Scifi romance, I have a box set on YA Dragon books that looks interesting.

I decided this would not be a writing/editing month, since my energy level flags and I find myself snoozing now and then. Seemed like too much pressure so no. I know I am no writing machine. I do have an updated print edition of Her Cyborg Awakes just about ready! I will be getting more into print(or updated).





No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...