Sunday, May 2, 2021

Writing Updates

#1 I'm working on a novella for an antho, super fun, but it's a SEEKRIT. Lol. It is set in a new universe for me, same time frame as our world, but taking place across the Milky Way. It has many alien peoples and is fun to write.



#2 Cyborg Nation 2 (working title is Mutineer Cyborg) is coming along. It is a bit of a wild ride! Summer release.

The series Cyborg Nation, like Diaspora Worlds, takes place in the far distant future. I can easily see crossover between the two series.

My heroine cyborg woke up all the other cyborgs. There is only one human on board now, an elderly female scientist who rarely leaves her rooms and labs.

Excerpt, Cyborg Nation 2:

“Well, well, well. What have we here? This looks like a crew of renegade cyborgs.” Standing in the door of the conference room was a man. He had warm brown skin and his eyes, surrounded by dark lashes and winged brows, had an unusual blue glow. 

Some type of enhancement? 

His hair was in a long braid, a shining  silver. He was  too young for gray hair, Xia thought. Certainly no older than she was. His features were quite perfect, and he had a smile with deep wells in each cheek.

 “Who are you?” she gasped. All the cyborgs stared in shock.

“I am Doctor Pine. It took me a long time to get here to the Bridge. There's a big containment wall on Level 2. I had to backtrack, go up to Level 1 and walk the length of the whole ship. I came down an access ladder to get to the Bridge on Level 2. Do you mind telling me what's going on?” 

Xia stared at him. Something wasn’t right. 

Oh.

“Do you mind telling me how a seventy-nine-year-old female research scientist turned into a young man?”


***

In Paranormal romance, I started uploading a romance called Rift World on the new Kindle Vella. The story is complete, I was just concentrating on SFR for a while. I'm not sure when it will go live. This is a supernatural apocalypse romance. In this romance, all the survivors are magical/supernatural people.



No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...