Saturday, October 27, 2018

Winter is Coming

Wyoming winter is something to be reckoned with. I have inflammatory asthma and tend to have 3-5 bouts of bronchitis and constantly aggravated asthma from Nov-March. ER visits, steroid, inhaler after inhaler, nebulizer--and I still can't breathe well.

Medicine just can't fix this.

The diet I am on (Keto) is anti-inflammatory. Through the fall I have had no asthma symptoms! Usually, I am wheezy due to allergens. So I have high hopes for this winter.

My asthma doc said that even if I lost just 20% of my starting weight I could see improvement. I am close to 20%. If I lost a lot of weight, I might see the asthma clear up.

One food that helps with leaky gut/allergies/inflammation is bone broth. I started making my own. Here is my recipe, a combo of ones I found online.


3 carrots(scrubbed)
3 celery
3 cloves peeled garlic
1 whole onion, skin on
1 lemon cut in half
2T red wine or apple cider vinegar
1T pink salt
1/2t Black pepper or peppercorns
1-2 bay leaf
1 gallon of water
8-12 hrs slow cooker. (Instapot on slow cook).

I time it for convenience, it needs some time to cool down before I jar it. Can't do it if I am out the door to work!


For beef bones, I roasted them for 1 hour at 400f. Today I am making turkey broth from a  carcass, so no roasting needed. I added 1t Herbs de Province, it sounded good.


Mine is a combo of several bone broth recipes. I really like the added tartness and drink a cup at lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...