Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Excerpt from Found In Space

Here is an excerpt from Found in Space, which will release in October. Found in Space is a Diaspora Worlds offshoot. In DW Book 2 Alien Blood we meet a pilot named Dooley and a female cyborg. 2LN77 has a breakthrough thought in his presence, and he is determined to save her, recover her from the cyborg implants. But she is swept away with the cyborg army before he can rescue her. He has her ID on his personal com, and set a finder alert on his ship.  Seven years alter they meet on a mining asteroid. The new series is Diaspora Worlds: Cyborgs Restored. Five books are in the works.


Coming in October 2019


2LN77 returned to the rock and jetted the packs to the gathering place  8SAF20 indicated.
Two injured cyborgs were unconscious, propped up against rocks. It was weird seeing them. She knew their designations, but this was the first time she noticed their gender and physical size. In her memory, cyborgs stood out because of their appliances or their function. Now she was noting gender. She knew herself to be female. One of the unconscious cyborgs was a tiny female, the other was a large male.
8SAF20 returned with powerpacks and another large cyborg. She pulled him by his utility belt, his arms hung limp. Once they were at the gathering place 8SAF20 had to turn off his jetpack for him. He flopped to the ground with a groan. “RN48  has two broken arms. We will assist in replacing his powerpack as needed. How many power packs do we have?”
“Sixteen. I'm not to red yet. And I think there are many more if I jet over toward the base.”
“There are. We'll rest, run our nutiprograms and switch out powerpacks before we look for more. I admit, without the maintenance drugs in my system, I am feeling tired,” SAF20 said. I took a while to remember what the word was, for how I felt.
“Confused.” RN48 spoke for the first time.
“Yes, I am having nothing but breakthrough thoughts,” 2LN77 confessed.
They all rested. 8SAF20 switched out her power pack. “Too bad we can’t switch out the nutripacks. We will dehydrate soon.”
“At the most, we will live three cycles,” RN48 spoke. He had a deep, resonate voice.
“I am also confused.” 2ln77 spoke slowly. Names are important. Using your designations is too weird. Long. Not for... a person. And we are all persons now, right? Not cyborgs only. Call me Elen. For LN.”
The others were quiet for a moment. “Yes, that is a good idea. Call me Safee,”  8SAF20 said.
“Aren,”  said RN48 with the broken arms. They had no pain meds they could give him.
The largest cyborg was now awake but had not spoken or acknowledged them. Safee checked his power supply. “He will need changed soon.”
“Kel,” The large one finally said. “For KL92. I...it is difficult to move.”
 “We should set alarms for when we hit red,” Safee said. “I think we will actually sleep, like humans. for...a person. And we are all persons now, right? Not cyborgs only. Call me Elen. For 2 LN.”
“I forgot what pain is. Now I remember,” Aren said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...