Friday, April 13, 2012

#SFFS Snippet Thunder Mountain

Mission Mountains, Western Montana
This week I'm feeling random so I'm sharing a snippet from a WIP, Thunder Mountain(working title). It's a near future SFR in which contaminated asteroids have wrecked havoc. Set on a guest ranch in western Montana

      The three dread-locked individuals working on the van appeared to be related. Golden dreadlocks, golden brown skin, thin wiry bare arms. As Bleach got close he was startled to see that all three had whiskey gold eyes framed in dark lashes, and all three glared at him like cornered wolverines. Two were young men, the third was a young woman. They were from Texas, according to their license plates. Not accustomed to Montana neighborliness, for sure.
     “Hey folks. Anything I can do to help?”
     “Can we see your arms?” The young girl spoke, her tone terse. All three looked wary, dangerous.


You can read other Snippets by checking Link or following the twitter hashtag  #sffsat. 

15 comments:

  1. Why we they want to see his arms? Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Can we see your arms?' Strange request. Intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not such a strange request, if they're wanting to make sure he's not armed. I've got a bad feeling about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arms as in limbs, or as in weapons? Hehe...interesting. Got me curious now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arms? Yep. I'm curious. That's an interesting question. I'm guessing they're from Texas like the Coneheads are from France.

    Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure they're very nice people. This is all some simple misunderstanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guessing the arms show signs of infection. Either that, or they want to see guns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe they just have a thing for arms...

    ReplyDelete
  9. An interesting snippet...I figured Bleach (an interesting name for someone from Montana) would answer by pulling out dual pistols. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto what Gayle said! I was intrigued immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, what are they expecting to see?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Contaminated asteroids? I love it already. Hmm, do they have an arm fetish, or is this something far more sinister?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmmm. So what does seeing the arms determine?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I grew up in MT and baby sat for a guy named Bleach. White blond hair. Lots of Scandinavian blonds in NW Montana.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of tall blond Scandinavian descendants in NW Montana! I baby sat for a guy nicknamed Bleach.

    ReplyDelete

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...