Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Excerpt from QUEEN OF STARS, Feb SFR Release

 Excerpt from QUEEN OF STARS. I plan to release in February, a Valentine treat! I should have a cover finalized next week. I like to look at them for a while.





“I will transport you all to the castle and have the flitgo delivered to the estate. It will be so much easier than a long flight with the children. I can have staff pack up your cottage, also.”

Topaz opened her mouth to object but then decided to just go with it.  And could she really tell Lord Korru no? His family was one of the most powerful in the world of Shaveen. Exhausted, she was not in a great state to travel with two small children across the country. Or fight someone so politically strong. She didn’t even know how, since Arell was his heir. And she would not abandon the child.

Her feelings must have shown.

“No need to be apprehensive, Madam. I made a vow, and I will take care of all of you.”

“I understand, Lord Korru.” 

“Vhiran, please. 

I should just tell him. “You must know that my experience with…powerful men... has not been good. My husband was quite influenced by Kulgen Tah, who mentored him in school. Under his influence, we hid our Pard characteristics.” 

She took a deep breath. “It has been detrimental to all of us. No choices were given to any of us, we woke one day, transformed. I don’t want any of us to be nanoformed again. I  know my husband had to get the nanos from Kulgen Tah.”

Vhiran nodded. “That is not a surprise to me. Kulgen Tah tends to think his every thought was whispered to him by rainbow stars.”

Eisley giggled at that and Vhiran smiled at him. “I am quite comfortable with your Pard ancestry. I will not force anything on you, though you may want to see my healer after so many years of illegal treatment.”

He looked straight into her eyes. She felt he could see within her, those pale gray eyes seeing all her fears. “I am one of the few who can protect you, your son, and Arell from Tah. My home’s protections are formidable.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...