Sunday, January 31, 2021

A Bit About Queen of Stars

 

I took a little staycation! I read three books last week, binged Netflix, ate healthy except for one meal from our favorite Mexican restaurant.

S I organized a bunch of files in my IDEA Folder. Some are Diaspora Worlds, some are parts of a group of books in the Weatherby Space Clan series(none finished) which is a side series of Diaspora Worlds. That was interesting. I have a few finished stories that are stand-alones and will think about releasing a few. 



Queen of Stars

I still plan a February release. It is taking longer because it is twice as long as my usual novella/short novel. I also have a large cast of characters and subplot romances. The second book is also finished in rough draft so I will be working in the Star Pard Universe for some time to come.

The world-building in StarPards is so different from Diaspora Worlds. Two planets, one with feline-humanoid people, agrarian. The other, high tech, with a thousand years of advanced nanotechnology. More intrigue in the political arena, with nano formulas used as poisons and weapons of mind control.

My hero Vhiran is older, but was recently healed of poisons and de-aged by a new family nano formula. Think silver fox! His once large, powerful family has been decimated. His plan is to enlarge and strengthen his family.

My heroine Topaz is half pard but has her feline characteristics hidden for years to please her husband. After her husband's death she learns Vhiran is the true guardian of her nephew. She was under mind control nanos and fears she and her children are pawns in some type of scheme, especially since her nephew is heir to a wealthy family. For their protection, she accepts Vhiran Korru's invitation to live in the Korru Castle, on a private island.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...