Sunday, July 12, 2020

Going Back To Urloon!



Revised and lengthened Second Edition!

This SFR story released in 2012, during a rather tumultuous time in my publishing career. From 2010 to 2012 many of the small erotic romance publishers I contracted with closed their doors. Many did so owing their authors months of royalties! I'm happy say this book was with Lyrical, which didn't close doors but was eventually purchased by Kensington.

Soon after that I started dipping my toes into self-publishing, which I find far less risky. I get regular payments now.

I had intended this to be the first of a series, but with all the commotion and health issues my family was dealing with I never submitted a second story. It is sitting on my external hard drive, Wilder Woman of Urloon

I love the world of Urloon! It is a water world with alien life forms. Terran settlers used surgical and DNA procedures to adapt to the sea and became a water-adapted people.

This story also had a class difference. My heroine, Svana, a hardworking single mom, worked low wage, menial jobs due to her lack of education and being a refugee of a planetary war. She has one surviving daughter, who is now in college. They live on a crowded industrial world. 

Captain Liam Rangel is a decorated, career starship captain. He teaches at an elite  Space Military Academy.

I am revising and eliminating some time jumps I never liked. Changing a few other things. It will be somewhat longer, though the basic romance and adventure will be the same. I expect to publish in August. I am so pleased I can continue this series!


No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...