Saturday, October 19, 2019

Retired, With Puppy!

We have two super senior dogs. Monita, the Chihuahua, is sixteen, and blind. Toot Toot is 14-15, as per the vet. He is a rescue and we don't have much information, other than he is a Chinese Crested Puff. He looks a lot like a miniature poodle.

These have been my husband's constant companions. They generally sit with him in his recliner and follow him everywhere!

Now that I am retired I decided I wanted a dog of my own. It had to be small and hypoallergenic. We signed up for all the rescue sites (our two other dogs are rescues). We searched the Metro. My area is full of huge dogs, small ones are rare!

Also, I had a budget! And I didn't want another senior dog. We didn't want a puppy, either.

Nothing seemed to open a door for my dog. We saw several, but they were in the Denver area and we couldn't get there before local folks did.

And then hubby opened the paper ( we still get the local paper delivered). There was a color photo of Chihuahua x Shitzu puppies.

Ahh. But we don't want a puppy. They were in my price range, though.

They were still in the paper a few days later, I called, they had one female left, with the silky Shitzu hair. The owner, a rancher up north, was coming to my town to deliver two puppies. If I wanted the female, she would deliver her.

I said yes.

Cutest. Puppy. Ever.  We named her Nutmeg.

Little Chihuahua shaped face, liver and white coloring with amber eyes and pinkish brown nose and lips.  Like many Shitzu's, her dark hair is fading to white on her face and back, so she will be lighter when she is older. Upright fluffy tail. Thick coat, enjoys being outside even on cold mornings. Hates coats, jackets and sweaters! At four months she weighs three pounds. She eats one piece of puppy kibble at a time.

Not sure she is helping me write, lol. I spend a lot of time in the yard, since I am not comfortable leaving her outside alone. We have squirrels that could take her!
I'm sure my body likes the Vitamin D!







No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...