Thursday, August 22, 2019

TWO Diaspora Worlds Stories!

Photo by Lucas Ettore Chiereguini from Pexels

I'm a writer who works on more than one book at a time. When one gets close to finished, then I plan a publishing date and concentrate on it. 

I wasn't happy about my original Dooley/Cyborg 2LN77 rough draft. It started as an ensemble cast, with the idea of making a new series within the Diaspora Worlds. But the other characters didn't spark, and writing a four-book series about those characters just wasn't working for me. So I decided to focus the story on Dooley and Elen. There are a handful of other characters (not all humans) but the main focus is narrowed to the romance. Will they spark other books? I think so. 

Diaspora Worlds is a series modeled after contemporary romance series I read in years gone by.  I would read Harlequin romance series based on family members, or a ranch, or a small town. While there is a background of a war in DW, that is not the focus of my books, though it affects all the characters.

Dooley's Cyborg Bride is a much healthier story now, and I love the secondary characters (I didn't love the cyborg ensemble), which includes nanokits Missy, Prissy and Hiss. Cyborg kitten-sized, somewhat sentient cats who remove harmful nanobits from space ship's systems. Also, a hot silver fox grandpa of questionable morals and his two small grandchildren hitch a ride.

Another Diaspora Worlds Story in the works! Cyborg Daddy is in the same setting as Cyborg Security, my DW short story. It starts out on a lawless space station. My cyborg, Braiden, has Zhe Cle' ancestry and is from one of the reservation worlds. Cyborgs with that ancestry do not respond as well to the cyborg mind control drugs, so he is able to escape. He also pays the mother of his child to send her to him, since his ex is an Ebullient addict and finds motherhood an unwanted burden. He disguises himself in facial covers, pretending to be a plasma fuel blast survivor--complete with a floating wheelchair. In reality, he is very able-bodied and does a number of illegal activities to gain enough credit to get him and his daughter to a planet. He rescues a small child and finds the child's mother is an actual plasma blast survivor, and not doing well at all.

Both stories are coming along and I plan to have one of them published by January. I may move them both up and publish Space Sisters later(so glad I didn't set up the preorder.) Space Sisters--I had some light bulb moments with the series, which will require some revision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...