Saturday, July 28, 2018

Snippet: On the Road to Hobb



Weekend Writing Warriors

Enjoy a wide variety of snippets at http://www.wewriwa.com/









Bitsy pulled the covers over the boy. “What is your name?”
He bit his lip, eyes wide with fear. “I have two names. Dav is what they call me. My old name is Shandel,” he whispered.
Shandel. Shandel. Could this be…? She swallowed hard. Can this be the lost prince? Surely not. But the family he had accompanied looked like nobles.



I have a fantasy romance novella (Orc In Winter) that takes place in the land of Hobb, a magical place with orcs, fauns, dwarves and other magical people. I enjoy Hobb so I have a new story set there. My heroine Bitsy and her Aunt Huda are part Black Dwarf. They are preparing to move to northern Hobb, near their dwarf relatives. Bitsy finds a small boy hiding in the market.

10 comments:

  1. Great cliff hanger. great fantasy.#sundaypost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, a lost prince. I'm sure that means big trouble for Bitsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like the start of a huge adventure! Can't wait to go with them, Melisse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking this already! Let the adventure begin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it's certainly an enticing beginning! Raises all kinds of questions and makes me want more right away. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite the discovery! :-) Enticing start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This snippet makes me very curious. I want to read more.

    ReplyDelete

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...