Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Snippet: Her Cyborg Escapee


Here is a snippet of a cyborg romance WIP. My plan is to have it out in September. Her Cyborg Escapee is set in the Diaspora Worlds on a colony planet named Valdeer.




“You must have had a rejuv,” Jorla brought up Neav’s least favorite topic.
“Yes, it was part of my retirement package. I retired after sixty years from New Jupiter Armtronics Corporation.”
“But that is not a basic model clone.” Jorla swept her hand in the air over Neav’s body. “That upgrade must have cost a lot.”
Neav shrugged. “It just so happened they had me ready but they contaminated the clone I was getting so it had to be recycled. The only other clone they had prepped was this one, which was slated for a procedure later in the day. They decided it would cost more to keep me in the facility for another day and get me prepped again for the procedure than to just use the Class I clone. I was slated to get a Class III. So I woke up looking like a hologram star. Not what I expected. I find the...attention...unpleasant. But the body I got is well muscled and so is quite suited to farm life.”
“You do look fit.”
Neav shrugged. “Really, I just want a simple farm life, with a dog. Couldn’t have that kind of second life on New Jupiter.”
“And with robots,” Jorla sounded skeptical.
“They are a hobby now. It is fun to meld disparate parts into something workable. I plan to get the dog soon. I hear spring is the time to find them in Valdeer City.”

Jorla snorted. “Well, if I had those looks, I’d be looking for more than a dog in Valdeer City.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...