Saturday, November 25, 2017

Release Day--Orc in Winter!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077CT1WTB

Orc in Winter released today! This is a fantasy romance novella set in a fantasy world I have been developing for some time. 

As a child I adored the Narnia books, too the point I had pages memorized, just from the frequent reading. My father worked in Canada and bought me the Penguin Paperbacks before paperbacks were available in the USA. They had the gorgeous Pauline Baynes covers and illustrations.

The first story I ever sold, Faunication, was roughly set in a Narnia inspired world--not exactly alike, though, since I had my own made up buntaurs, rabbit-faun-creatures..

I started developing the world in the late eighties for a children's book that never got off the ground. Years later a writer friend and I, both newbies, decided to enter a winter story in an antho. Mine was Faunication, the romance of two young people flung to a magical forest and transformed into faun-like creatures. After that I played with a number of stories, though I only published one more short. It seemed to me that fantasy romance like I was writing, in a world similar in some ways to Middle Earth or Narnia, was not popular at all.

But now it is the end of 2017. The ebook self-pubbed market is a chaotic sea of crazy. So it's as good a time as ever to publish a book in an extreme niche.

I first wrote Orc as an 8k short story, now it is a novella length since I added about ten thousand words. It is still not a long book, but I think novellas are perfect for the winter holidays, something you can finish before bedtime!

The series is called realms of Glister. It involves several countries on the same continent, related by a common magic, Glister, though for many, that magic is historical since their country has lost Glister. Some places still have magic, though. Sherrow, my Orc hero, comes from Hobb, a land with abundant magic. Morwenna, my heroine, has only heard stories of magic. This is a stand-alone romance, though I suspect the Land of Hobb and my couple will make an appearance in another story. I am working on a 4 book series, the adventures and loves of four siblings, who return as young adults to the magical kingdom of Emrysdel to find it in chaos.

I did a video interview with Focus on Fantasy! 

https://www.facebook.com/FocusonFR/

And yes, I am that pale. I should have used bronzer, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...