Monday, April 21, 2014

R= Reading, Behind the Story #AtoZChallenge





What writer isn't first a reader? Makes me crazy when writers say stuff like they just don't read anymore...can't enjoy reading... Arg. Books are your business! Try reading outside your genre. (I know writers who are afraid they will unconsciously copy another writer's plot.) There are so many great books out there.

I grew up in a house stuffed with books and the Billings Parmly Library was a weekly visit. No one censored my reading, my little fifth grade self was pulling books from the adult section with no hassles whatsoever. My only limit was no more than 10 books a week. I happily bounced between classic children's books like Walter Farley's Black Stallion books, Zane Grey westerns and Edgar Rice Burrough's Tarzan series. I loved series even then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...