Sunday, April 29, 2012

So, I've been learning about sex...

Writing it, that is! 

I write sensual M/F romance. which is probably around a 1 on a 1-10 erotic romance scale. The past few months I've been reading hot authors and wondering if and how to up my heat level--which would open up submitting to a few publishers I'm interested in. I don't think it would be a huge difference in my writing style, but I wanted to try it.



This One is only 2.99 on Amazon!!!
I read a couple  craft books:

 







After that I asked a few writers for input.

"Add sexual tension!!" Was the biggest tip I received.

(If you are an erotic romance writer and have some tips, put them in comments!)

I set up a Scrivener binder with tips, checklists etc and pulled out a nearly finished WIP, to see if I saw any places to add sexual tension etc. And I did!

I'm not done yet with this 'sexy content edit' but I think it is giving the story more depth and richness(also hotness.)

 




Post a Comment