Monday, October 11, 2010

Guest Author Lizzie T. Leaf!


 

Please welcome fellow Aspen Mountain Press author Lizzie T. Leaf. She has a fun and sexy new release to tell you about!

Comment on this post to be entered in a drawing to win pdf copy of DEAD MEMORY.










Blurb

Discovering an unconscious man who may be vampire, in the neighbor’s yard leads werewolf Tawny Howls down a love path that’s not going to make her father happy.  She senses this man is different, but that doesn’t stop her attraction. Werewolves and vampires are traditional enemies, and it doesn’t help when  he remembers nothing about his prior life.

Awakening to find a beautiful woman hovering over him, he remembers nothing of his past life.  When Tawny decides to call him David, he’s fine with the name and the attention he receives from his nurse.  But why does the scent of the prey she hunts excite him more than the food she cooks?

Can the strong attraction between a shifter and a vampire overcome years of distrust for each other’s species?  Will the discovery of his true identity ensnare them in a battle that endangers their lives, in an effort to save mankind from Demon rule?




Excerpt



He forced his eyes open again and this time looked at Tawny.
Blue. Oh my goodness, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a man with such blue eyes. With that blond hair and all those muscles, he’s what Granny Ethel used to call a right handsome buck.
His lips curved upward in an attempted smile. “Who are you?”
“Tawny Howls. My family’s farm shares boundaries with the Nolan place, which is where we are.”
“And it appears you’re my guardian angel.” He attempted another smile that ended up in a grimace. “I feel like I’ve been run over by a truck.”
“Well, I won’t make you feel any worse by telling you what you look like.” Tawny couldn’t stop the grin that spread across her full mouth. “All I can say is, it had to have been a heck of a big truck.”
“That good, huh?” He lifted his hand and she grabbed it again.
“I think we need to get your head bandaged. Hang on and let me see what I can find in the closet. I’m sure Billie Joyce has another set of pillowcases we can use if I can’t find anything else.” Tawny rummaged through drawers and the old wardrobe that stood in the corner taking up too much room in the cramped surroundings.
She did have to settle for another white pillowcase, and after ripping it into strips, she bandaged the still-seeping head wound.
This guy better count his blessings. I’m amazed there’s not more blood.
Leaning back, Tawny admired her work. “You look like a regular Sultan waiting for your harem to arrive.”
“Nice. Every man’s dream.” He mustered a little chuckle. “Thank you…Tawny, isn’t it?”
“That’s my name. Which leads me to the big question, what’s yours?”
“I’m…”
His silence stopped her efforts to pick up the remnants left over from her bandage creation. The puzzled look on his face pulled her back to the bed.
Oh shit!
 His skin had taken on a pasty sheen.
He’s going to pass out.
“Is your name so bad that you don’t want to share it with me?” A little humor might get him through this rough spot.
“No.” He stared quietly at his hands folded across his chest like a dead man, refusing to meet her stare. “I don’t know who I am.”

DEAD MEMORY available at Aspen Mountain Press  http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/new-releases/dead-memory/prod_355.html

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Lizzie!

    May you have lots and lots of sales because you are an awesome author!

    ReplyDelete

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...