Saturday, September 18, 2010

I Haz Punkin



You've heard of the Great Pumpkin Shortage of '10, haven't you? No canned pumpkin in town. I started looking early because I Must Have pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. I also like pumpkin cake, pumpkin pudding and I wanted to try making pumpkin spiced coffee.

So I am cooking pie pumpkins. Later I will puree them and freeze for November.

I did read that butternut squash makes pies that taste almost like pumpkin, and I'm thinking of trying sweet potato pie, too.

I'm thinking this may not be a big money holiday season so I want to do the traditional things that don't involve big ticket gifts. Homemade pies, cookies, fudge, popcorn balls--when I was a child we made these every year. I remember that warmly,  and the memories are much more vivid than the gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...