Sunday, June 13, 2010

Adventure in the Mountains

It has been raining for days here in Wyoming. This is desert country, so we are not used to rain. Several areas are flooding because the rain quickens spring runoff from the mountains. The Governor called out the WY National Guard to help with the flooding areas.

So I decided to drive up to Powell through the Big Horn Mountains. Only a little longer, and interstate for a couple hours instead of all two lane highways. Plus the Bighorns are beautiful.

I knew there was a mountain pass, but hadn't been that way since I was a child on some family camping trip. Dayton was just as charming as I remember, and we would have had spectacular views except we were driving through rain clouds. That turned to snow clouds. And did I mention the numerous blind hairpin turns? Lucky for us we were on the road early before the tourists in RVs hit the road.

We were two hours late picking my daughter up and she was not happy!

We drove home the other way.

Here are some pictures along WY Hwy 14--except we were in heavy clouds, rain and sleet! 

On Friday I drive my twins to Cheyenne. That should be an easy drive!

1 comment:

  1. These are some great photos here, Melisse! Thanks for sharing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...