Monday, May 31, 2010

Much gardening done!

I got a ton of weeding done and planted some bush green beans and climbing peas, both heirlooms, and some salad greens. It is still spring here in the high desert(we're almost a mile high) so we haven't put our seedlings in the ground yet. We've had some cold nights here. Tomatoes and peppers hate that.

A friend gave us some unusual heirlooms to try, red and maroon amaranth that grow huge, with edible leaves, white Lebanese squash, white pumpkin shaped eggplant, snake melon. All that will go in the garden this week unless we get a cold spell. All the seeds came from that gorgeous seed catalog from
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds. Love that seed company and love heirloom, non genetically modified seeds.

In writing life I continue to add word count to three projects, two SFR and one paranormal. One story took a surprising turn, but I think it is a good one.

I'm expecting edits on two contracted projects soon, too. I'm starting to feel that urgency to get something submitted--can't possibly get a contract if  I am not submitting! I think I'll try some new epubs and see if I can't get my name out there a little more.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Melisse! New epubs can be a good thing. I'm getting twitchy too. I've been on this tour so long my writing is suffering, not to mention submitting!

    ReplyDelete

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...